Friday 14 December 2012

Top 5 Ingredients I love!



People are frequently wanting to know replacements that I use and where I find them.  
Here is a list of my top 5 favorite and most used ingredients that allow me to eat like everyone else.

#5. Daiya meant that I can eat pizza again! Use it to replace cheese on pasta, pizza, nachos, I use:

Daiya Cheese

*You can buy Daiya at Save-on, Superstore, or any specialty food Stores

  
 #4. To replace butter and margarine in baking and cooking, I use: 
prod-spread-original
Earth Balance Vegan Spread

*You can buy Earth Balance anywhere, though I prefer to buy the large container at
Community Food Co-op in Bellingham, it's cheaper.


#3. I have tried a few different brands of Gluten Free bread, this one is by far my favorite. 

Udi's Gluten Free Bread & Buns

*You can buy it at most stores, but I like to get mine on sale or at Trader Joe's and freeze it


#2. I could live without coconut oil, but I don't want to.  I get mine at Trader Joe's, but it is sold in a lot of places.

I use it for all sorts of things: replacement for oil and butter in baking & cooking, spread on my bread and as a nightly face moisturizer.
http://www.traderjoes.com/images/fearless-flyer/uploads/article-554/96070-OrganicCoconutOil.jpg
Coconut Oil
* I came across this great post today on 52 uses for coconut Oil. 
Check it out here

#1. Quinoa.  I could not eat without Quinoa.  I eat it as is, as pasta and as flour.


Quinoa Flour, Quinoa, & Quinoa Pasta

* I buy the flour and pasta at Community Food Co-op and the bag of quinoa at Costco (4lbs for $9!).



I hope these ingredients can be as helpful in your kitchen as they are mine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.