Friday 5 April 2013

Where there is a will, there is a way.


Since I stopped eating wheat, dairy, and beef, I have not enjoyed a good solid burger.  Thankfully for me, I really like chicken and can do without the cheese. The problem I ran into when going to restaurants is that they wanted to give me iceberg lettuce to wrap my burger in instead of a bun.
This just shouldn't be eaten ever, especially around a burger.

Iceberg Lettuce??? Eww.  I have never opted for lettuce.  This summer I was introduced to the rice bun.  I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that it was actually pretty good.  At camp, I had my fair share of veggie patties on a rice bun, but it still didn't hit the spot.

On a recent date my husband brought me out to White Spot.  I had been craving a restaurant burger so badly, so those that know me won't be surprised when I tell you that I brought my own bun*.  White Spot actually has a great gluten free menu, but I just really wanted a burger, hence my creativity.  They couldn't bring my bun into the kitchen, but they did bring burger minus the bun out to me.  This worked just fine, and let me tell you, it was well worth the two year wait.

*I have a reputation of being very resourceful.  This includes bringing a variety of items to restaurants with me, including my own salad dressing, buns and condiments.

where there is a will, there is a way.

 If you don't mind being a little embarrassed and your sensitivities will allow, it is worth a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.