Wednesday 19 December 2012

Top 5 Performances on the Voice (Featuring a Special Guest Blogger)


Hello friends!  My name is Dan; I’m Tara’s husband.  Since she covers the baking/crafts/creative/girly things, I volunteered to cover the entertainment beat.  I might have my work cut out for me though, with all the baking and cooking going on around this blog.   

But I think it’s important, because if there’s one thing our culture values, it’s entertaining ourselves.  And today I shall entertain you by talking about entertainment.  Specifically, The Voice.  

Tara and I have been watching this show since its first season.  And we continue to put up with the sappy over-dramatization and severely contrived product placement because the music is so good!   The judges are pretty entertaining as well.  But the music!  So with that in mind I present to you our top 5 favourite performances from the Live shows of the Voice Season 3.  These are some of the performances that really inspired me.


5.  Cody Belew – “Crazy in Love”





This guy is pure entertainment.  One of my favourite moments on the show was when Ceelo turned around for him at the last second, and he cussed up a storm of celebration.  He just kept on getting more adventurous and more entertaining with each performance.  I think he should start his own Killers type band.  He’d be perfect for that type of thing.  This song was probably his best in terms of musical performance and entertainment value.


4. Amanda Brown - "Natural Woman"



Amanda Brown was probably the most talented female not to make it to the final three.  I think it's arguable that she has as much talent as Cassadee Pope (the winner of season 3), but they are vastly different in style and skill.  She had some incredible moments on the show, but this song really has it all: range, emotion, and a sweet choir.  Oh, and she nails an Aretha Franklin song.


3.  Nicholas David - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"


Nicholas had one of the most unique styles the show has ever seen, and he and Ceelo chose a lot of great songs with which to show it off.  This one is particularly special.  He really captures the spirit of the song, but gives it his own unique twist.
2.  Trevin Hunte - "When a Man Loves a Woman"



Trevin was definitely the most talented male that didn't make it to the final three.  His range is insane, and he packs so much emotion into his songs.  Perhaps he lacks a little versatility, preferring to stick mostly to R & B, but he does it so well!  He was one of my favourites (Tara was less of a fan).  I don't know if this was even his best moment on the show, but it was one of my favourite performances from him.

1.  Cassadee Pope - "Stupid Boy"



Cassadee Pope, eventual winner of Season 3, came in as a hard rocking singer.  But she really found her voice when Blake Shelton gave her Miranda Lambert's "Over You" to perform.  That one was great, but this one was better.  She just nailed everything about this song.  Powerful emotion, big moments, great stage presence.  This is the one song that I keep going back to listen to.  It's so good.

Thanks for reading folks!  I hope you enjoyed my little breakdown of the Voice.  Comments are welcome.  If you like me well enough, I may be back to cover more hard-hitting entertainment news.  Like, umm, the upcoming Puppy Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.