Friday 1 February 2013

Meatballs!!

If you have been reading my blog, you may have caught on that I love Gluten Free Rice Krispies.  I use them for chicken nuggets, for onion rings, and now for meatballs.  Thanks to this not so secret ingredient, I feel like I can eat like a regular person again.



Gluten free Meatballs served in Sweet & Sour Sauce

I have a great resource in my older brother.  He very creative, experimental, and as a bonus, a certified red seal chef.  He can have the credit for directing me for this meal.


Gluten Free Meatballs- makes about 30 medium sized (1 1/2 T)

Ingredients:
  • 1 1b ground pork*
  • 1/2 1b ground beef*
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup ground gluten free Rice Krispies
  • 1 egg **
  • Parsley, Salt & Pepper
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Saute onions and garlic in a frying pan
3.  Meanwhile, add additional ingredients to the bowl
4. When sauteed, add onions and garlic to meat mix.  Be careful, they are hot.
5. Mix all ingredients together


6. Roll meat into balls.  Using a small cookie scoop helps them all be the same size



7. Brown the meatballs in a frying pan before cooking in the oven


8. Line meatballs on a cookie sheet and back for 25-30 minutes until brown inside

9. Serve as desired


Tips: 
- Use a rubber gloves when rolling to help keep meat smooth
- Roll 20-30 times for a tight meatball
- Make a small patty and cook before rolling balls.  This way you can judge the taste
- Use meatballs with sweet & sour sauce, mushroom soup, tomato sauce, as is...however you want
- Double recipe and freeze for multiple quick meals on the go.
- Boil meatballs if you do not want to fry them

Notes:
* Meat choices can be chosen to your needs.  Feel free to mix them up, apparently the more meat variety, the better the meatball
** Eggs (and rice krispies) are not mandatory in a meatball.  If you cannot have eggs, omit or use your egg replacer.  I did this and it worked just as well
***Check out this link for my Gluten Free Sweet & Sour Sauce




1 comment:

  1. These are awesome tips! I have been wondering why my meatballs aren't very tight, so now I know that I need to roll them more an wear rubber gloves!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.