Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Game in a Frame

I love to bake but every now and then when I find something really cool, I like to craft too.

I first saw the idea for a magnetic scrabble board on Pinterest.  One of my good friends pinned the idea and expressed her love for the idea multiple times, instantly I knew this would be her Christmas present.  

My wheels were turning and I began collecting supplies.  I didn't make it quite the same as the The Twice Remembered Cottage, but I thank them for the idea!

This is how I did it:  

Step 1: Gather Supplies

  • A picture frame- you could use any size (I used 16x16).  You don't need the glass
  • A piece of sheet metal the same size as the glass portion of the frame
  • Some Mod Podge & brushes
  • A roll of magnet tape
  • Some old dictionary pages (though you could use any paper you like)
  • Some scrabble letters from a thrift store, or an old scrabble game around the house
  • Gloss Spray
Step 2: Tear out choice dictionary pages and apply to metal with Mod Podge

Continue to do this until board is covered.  Allow to dry.
Step 3: Tear out additional pages using cutter for desired sizes.

Step 4: Apply additional pages with Mod Podge on bottom and top as needed
Allow to dry, adding on any additional paper for finishing touches

Step 5: Spray with a gloss sealer, allow to dry then place in frame
Note: Because there was no glass, I had to put nails in the back to hold the metal in place

Step 6: Apply magnet to the back of your scrabble letters




And now you have a magnetic scrabble board!






The possibilities are endless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.